WHO WE ARE
We’re Re-energizing Fitness
We are inspiring a new movement by innovating and re-energizing the fitness experience. We are passionate, results-driven, and want to make a difference.
- We enable others to reach new heights, and to lead by example by reaching a little higher ourselves.
- We are motivators, innovators, movers and shakers.
- We are Alberta-based, Alberta-grown and most importantly, Alberta-proud.
Join our team and become apart of our community. There’s a place here in our clubs for everyone, and we’ll gladly show you the way in. Make your move and apply today!
- Participate in multiple year-round charity events
- You are moved by the power of helping others
Training & Development
- World class training and development
- Complimentary continuing education courses to retain your certification
- Career Growth Opportunities
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Complimentary Gym membership for yourself & family member or friend
- Awards & top performer incentives
- Industry leading compensation potential
Why Join Our Team?
People & Culture Administrator
International Fitness Holdings (IFH) operates fitness facilities across Alberta through GYMVMT, HER GYMVMT, Bankers Hall Club and Club Fit. Together, we are inspiring a new movement by innovating and re-energizing the fitness experience. With 22 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, our team has been inspiring Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 35 years.
The People & Culture Administrator provides administrative support to the human resources function of the organization which includes recruitment, performance management, benefits administration, new hire procedures and the maintenance of policies and procedures.
The People & Culture Administrator also helps maintain positive employee relations. They should be highly organized, detail oriented and most importantly, personable and approachable.
Reports to: Director, People & Culture
Receives direction from: Advisor, People & Culture
Location: This position will be based out of the head office located in North West Calgary (Edgemont). Remote work options are available during COVID-19.
Hours of Work
Full-Time 6-month contract role; Typical schedule Monday – Friday.
This is a 6-month term contract position, with the opportunity to grow into a permanent role.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Updating and maintaining required HR documentation/policies, and maintaining/updating HR documents within an internal company intranet
· Assist employees and managers with the maintenance and utilization of a new HRIS
· Updating and maintaining the new hire documentation & packages
· Assist with creating employee related documentation, including termination letters.
· Maintain and update as needed job descriptions, policies and procedures and the employee handbook
· Creating presentations, letters, announcements, org charts, and sending HR communications
· Assist in the recruitment process for 22 clubs and head office roles including online job postings and candidate screening, as needed
· Perform other HR administrative functions as needed
· two (2) years or more of administrative experience
· prior experience in Human Resources administration considered an asset
· previous work experience in the Customer Service or Hospitality industry preferred
· post-secondary education preferably in human resources or business administration
· working towards CPHR designation is considered an asset
Skills and Qualifications
· exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· ability to multitask
· strong attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
· proficiency in Word & Excel
· ability to work independently and be resourceful
· experience working with HRIS systems considered an asset
· basic knowledge and understanding of Employment Standards and Human Rights guidelines
· ability to establish and build relationships over the telephone with client groups (managers & employees)
Why Join our Team?
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Complimentary gym membership to all IFH affiliated GYMVMT, HER GYMVMT, and Club Fit facilities in Alberta for yourself and a friend or family member
· Employee discounts on fitness services
· Professional development opportunities
· Community involvement and philanthropy
To apply please email [email protected]
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.